StopUpdates10 makes it easy for you to allow or block Windows 10 updates anytime. This app is perfectly timed for us. Our VMware started installing updates causing us to slow down and lag and aggravating us even though we had used similar apps to block Windows Updates previously. Microsoft has again changed how Windows Updates works, and most apps that prevent updates are now broken. Enter StopUpdates10. Now you can once again block or allow Windows Updates.
Typically, it would be difficult to test how effective this app is, but we’re in the unique position of knowing that Windows Updates keeps running within five minutes of VMware booting. We’re happy to report that it did not stop updates. We waited 30 minutes to be sure.
StopUpdates10 requires installation but is simple to use. By default, you should see “Windows Updates are not blocked” in red letters and a red button that says “Stop Windows Updates!” Once blocked, everything is reversed and in green letters with the text that says “Windows Updated is blocked!” and a button that reads “Restore Windows Updates.” Additionally, Greatis offers links to other freeware programs including UnHackMe, BootReacer, Anti-WebMiner, and Edge Reset Button.
Features of StopUpdates10:
– Stops forced upgrades.
– Stops annoying upgrade notifications.
– Restore updates with one-click.
– Pauses updates.
– Disables Windows 7-8 ‘End of support’ and ‘End of Service’ notifications.
– Easy to disable and re-enable Windows updates.
– So the StopUpdates10 does not delete files, does not change file rights or other destructive actions.
– StopUpdates10 is lightweight.
– StopUpdates10 is free of charge.