The HomeGuard application was developed to be a powerful tool that runs silently in the background recording what users do on the internet and offline. Every website visited, the program started, chat message sent and received, keystrokes typed…etc will be recorded in addition to activity-based screen shots displayed in gallery view for quickly flipping through many shots and full view for focusing on specific shots.
It can also show warnings to users when blocking activity and can send you notifications by Email when blocking. Plus individual programs usage time limiting and internet usage time limit. HomeGuard is virtually impossible to tamper with, it is unclosable and uninstallable unless the administrative password (provided during installation) is used.
Here are some key features of “HomeGuard”:
Keystrokes monitoring :
– So record all keystrokes typed along with the program used and window title.
Time and event-based screen capture :
– You can also take screenshots at predefined intervals and times of day and days of the week. By
Keyword-based monitoring and blocking of online content:
– Use the default list of keywords or you can also add your own keywords, HomeGuard will record and/or block any internet traffic in which these keywords appear, be it Websites, Chat messages or Email.
Web sites monitoring and blocking:
– Block access to websites in a predefined ‘black’ list. Or you can also allow access only to sites in a ‘white’ list, blocking all other sites. As in keyword filtering above, the use of proxy servers to defeat blocking is useless here.
Web search monitoring and blocking :
– View and/or block keywords searched for in search engines. Currently, it also supports Google search, Yahoo and Bing (MSN).
Email and chat monitoring and blocking:
– Record full text of chat messages (Currently supported are Yahoo and MSN/Windows Live messengers) and also Email (pop3/smtp). Or (optionally) block all Chat and Email traffic.
File monitoring and blocking :
– Monitor and block copying, deleting and moving of files. Printer monitor :
– Monitor printed files and/or block printing altogether.
USB storage media monitoring and blocking :
– Monitor and optionally block usage removable devices like USB thumb drives, external hard disks…etc
User and time specific monitoring :
-You can also choose which users to monitor and at what times.
Automatic clean up of old records :